Chewy Brownie Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 cup shortening
(We use Butter Crisco)
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
(We only use about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, water and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating on low speed just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on each cookie, pressing down lightly.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cookies will appear soft and moist. Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
These chewy brownie cookies are a tastey and chewie treat. As delicious as real brownies but without all the bother. Definitely a 'must bake recipe' for any real chocolate lover.