Russian Tea Cakes Recipe
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
These Russian tea cakes are a delightful light crumbly mouthful. Baked in the shape of small round balls then covered with powdered sugar. A special sweet treat for any special occasion, party or get together. Of course they are delicious treat for everyday snacking too!
- In a large bowl combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix on low speed of mixer about 1 minute. Blend well.
- Gradually add flour at low speed until just combined; stir in nuts.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls; place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 -10 minutes until firm to the touch but not brown. Do not overbake.
- Remove from oven. While warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool then re-roll in powdered sugar before serving.